Monday 9 September 2013

OER! An Ocean Of Possibilities!

The learning activity on OER was much more than just being...informative. In fact it was a deep insight in free learning resources and bridging opportunity divide. I was not convinced by the idea of free resources because I publised once and...had a terrible experience. Though I like writing, but publishing had been nightmarish! However I think that I'll be reviewing my view point, so the learning session has had a great impact on me. It's fostering a change of mindset where I'm concerned!

I dug deeper into what Desmond Tutu said about socially responsible businesses which is very interesting concept. 

Eben Moglen and Lawrence Lessig keep me pondering...'Should ideas be considered proprietary?' He is absolutely right, copyright might have curb creativity. On the other hand 'remix, reuse, and revisiting' resources open the doors of everyone contributing! It is certainly an open door to explore an ocean of possibilities.

The learning activity shed great light on copyright issues and that of copyleft which provide open access to resources. It also help to find out about the role of distributors and that of authors. Distributors have acted as if they were all poweful. Thank God for OER! 

The e-book with tweets came about as a revelation of publishing which is possible for all. 

I never thought of technology as an event which has reshaped our world to such an extent that a book was born  out of tweets.

I must say that I journeyed in a world of possibility as I went through the learning activities! Thumbs up for all contributors on this course, especially for the OER university!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment